Monday, August 11, 2008
Twenty-five things every person should know about Elvis.
Twenty-five things every person should know about Elvis
1. Elvis was born on January 8, 1935.
2. Elvis died on August 16, 1977.
3. Elvis is dead.
4. Elvis is alive.
5. Elvis may have faked his death to escape fame and become a trucker.
6. Elvis may have faked his death because he failed to meet his end of an endorsement contract with Slim-Fast by not losing weight.
7. Elvis had blue eyes.
8. Elvis once stayed overnight in the hospital for a broken finger.
9. Redd Foxx attended Elvis' wedding.
10. Elvis' favorite board game was Monopoly.
11. Elvis' last concert was in Indianapolis.
12. Elvis appeared in 31 feature films and two documentaries.
13. Legend Edith Head was costume designer for nine of those films.
14. The soundtrack for G.I. Blues stayed on the Billboard chart for 111 weeks.
15. Elvis' jumpsuits were made by the same person who designed costumes for the Ice Capades.
16. Elvis had a pet monkey named Scatter.
17. Elvis' last meal was ice cream and chocolate-chip cookies.
18. Elvis and Priscilla were married from 1967 to 1973.
19. Elvis planned to produce a movie about karate.
20. Elvis loved his mother.
21. Elvis won three Grammys, all in the gospel category.
22. Elvis once accidentally shot Dr. Nick with a ricocheting bullet.
23. Elvis was generous to a fault.
24. Elvis has sold more than 1.5 billion records.
25. Elvis was the king of rock-and-roll.